Search This Blog

Hayden to leave Ducati Team at end of year

Bookmark and Share
Thursday, 18 July 2013

Nicky Hayden has confirmed that he has not been retained by Ducati Team for the 2014 MotoGP™ season. The former World Champion revealed the news during Thursday’s pre-race press conference at Laguna Seca.

picture source : sportrider.com



Hayden, title winner with Repsol Honda Team in 2006, has been with Ducati Team since 2009. His confirmation of Thursday means 2013 will be his fifth and final year with the now Audi-owned marque and his future remains uncertain at present.
"I’m not coming back to Ducati in MotoGP next year," Hayden declared. "I’m not really sure what I’m going to do. I’ve got some options that are interesting."
When pushed about whether his options for the future are in the premier class or perhaps other motorcycling championships, his response began with a joke:
"I’m not sure Repsol Honda’s going to come and knock on my door [smiles]…of course MotoGP is where my heart is, but I’ve got to weigh up the options. Unfortunately results haven’t gone as planned over the years, but it is what it is."
Regarding Ducati Team’s own line-up for 2014, this season’s new recruit Andrea Dovizioso will be staying with the squad but his new teammate is yet to be decided.

source : http://www.motogp.com

Artikel Terkait ducati ,Moto GP ,Motor Sport ,new motorcycle

{ 0 komentar... Views All / Send Comment! }

Popular Posts